Time: 25 minutes
The recipe makes 12 scones.
- 500 grams of flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 40 grams of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs (medium size)
- 120 grams of butter, very soft
- 250 grams of yoghurt 3,5% fat
- 1 egg yolk (yellow of the egg)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Mix 500 grams of flour with the baking powder.
- Add 40 grams of sugar, 2 eggs and a pinch of salt
- Add 120 grams of very soft butter (in flakes) and 250 grams of yoghurt and knead for a short time
- Roll the dough to 2.5 cm thick on a floured table.
- Cut the scones (use a glass)
- Mix the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water. Glaze the scones (use a pastry brush if possible)
- Bake for 15 minutes at 190°C (170°C in convection oven)
Enjoy with clotted cream, strawberry jam and a cup of tea. Instead of clotted cream you can use double cream or mascarpone.